FA Cup Preview: Bolton - Everton
David Moyes' men, who have lost just one of their last 12 matches, will be looking to beat the struggling Championship side in the cup for the first time since 1908.
By Theo Squires
Mears, Ricketts, Knight, Alonso
Eagles, Holden, Pratley, Vela
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Oviedo
Mirallas, Osman, Fellaini, Naismith
New Bolton signing Craig Dawson is cup-tied having come on as a late substitute in West Brom's third round clash with QPR and will be unable to make his debut.
Andy Lonergan could start in goal as Dougie Freedman prepares to shuffle his pack, however, and there could also be a start for Stuart Holden (knee) after his recent return from a long-term injury.
Leighton Baines (ankle) is doubtful so might not be risked for Saturday's trip to the Reebok, with Bryan Oviedo expected to deputize in his place if he does miss out.
Phil Neville will start at right back after Seamus Coleman (hip) limped off against Southampton on Monday night, joining fellow absentees Darron Gibson (hip) and Tony Hibbert (calf) on the sidelines.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- After previously going on a run of 18 games without keeping a clean sheet, Everton has not conceded a goal in either of their last two games.
- Goalkeeper Tim Howard (pictured right) famously scored in the last meeting between these two sides.
- Since joining David Moyes' side last January, striker Nikica Jelavic has scored in every round of the FA Cup in which he has featured.
- Everton has yet to lose a game in 2013 and has lost just one of its last 12 matches.
- Bolton has not lost against the Toffees in the FA Cup since 1908.
- The last time these two sides met in the FA Cup came back in 1994, when former Bolton manager Owen Coyle and current Everton first-team coach Alan Stubbs were among the scorers as the Trotters emerged 3-2 victors.
- Saturday's game will be the first-ever FA Cup meeting between the two sides held at the Reebok Stadium.
Top 3 Predictions
Bolton 0-2 Everton
- 16.89 %
Bolton 1-3 Everton
- 12.16 %
Bolton 1-2 Everton
- 11.49 %
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 26, 2013||Bolton 1 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 4, 2012||Everton 1 - Bolton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 26, 2011||Bolton 0 - Everton 2|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Feb 13, 2011||Bolton 2 - Everton 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Nov 10, 2010||Everton 1 - Bolton 1|
|May 4, 2013||Bolton 2 - Blackpool 2||ENG2|
|Apr 27, 2013||Cardiff City 1 - Bolton 1||ENG2|
|Apr 20, 2013||Bolton 2 - Middlesbrough 1||ENG2|
|Apr 16, 2013||Leicester 3 - Bolton 2||ENG2|
|Apr 13, 2013||Bristol City 1 - Bolton 2||ENG2|
|3||Marcos Alonso Mendoza||Defender|
|-||Craig Martin Davies||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed