FA Cup Preview: Stoke City - Manchester City
The last five meetings between these sides at the Britannia Stadium have ended 1-1 after 90 minutes, but both sides will be out for a win as they clash in the FA Cup fourth round.
By Shane Farrington
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Kightly
Whelan, Adam, Nzonzi, Etherington
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov Garcia, Barry
Nasri, Aguero, Silva
Stoke City boss Tony Pulis could make a couple of changes from the side that lost to Swansea, with Thomas Sorensen likely to be given a chance to impress in goal.
Cameron Jerome and Kenwyne Jones are both pushing for starts, but Jonathan Walters and Peter Crouch are likely to retain their starting berths - with the latter historically impressing against City. Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (broken leg) both remain sidelined.
As for the visitors, Roberto Mancini is also likely to change his goalkeeper, with Costel Pantilimon set to replace Joe Hart between the posts. Joleon Lescott and Aleksandar Kolarov could also be handed rare starts, while Samir Nasri and Jack Rodwell remain in contention.
Further forward, Sergio Aguero is likely to get an opportunity to boost his fitness levels, possibly in place of fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez, while Mario Balotelli is again set to be on the bench.
Right back duo Maicon and Micah Richards (knee injuries) are both still out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke reached the fourth round after overcoming Championship side Crystal Palace 4-1 in extra time of their replay tie.
- Jonathan Walters (pictured right), is currently the Potters' top scorer, having found the back of the net eight times so far this season.
- Manchester City has won all four of its matches in 2013 without conceding a single goal - beating Stoke, Arsenal and Fulham in the Premier League and Watford in the FA Cup third round.
- The last five matches between these two teams at the Britannia Stadium have finished 1-1 after 90 minutes.
- These sides played out the 2011 FA Cup final at Wembley. Yaya Toure netted the only goal to win the trophy for Roberto Mancini’s side.
- Edin Dzeko is City’s top scorer in all competitions having netted 11 times.
- The visitors have won the FA Cup five times - in 1904, 1934, 1956, 1969, and 2011.
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke 1-3 Manchester City
- 14.71 %
Stoke 0-3 Manchester City
- 10.66 %
Stoke 0-2 Manchester City
- 10.5 %
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 14, 2013||Stoke 0 - Manchester City 0|
|FA Cup (FA)||Jan 26, 2013||Stoke 0 - Manchester City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Jan 1, 2013||Manchester City 3 - Stoke 0|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Sep 15, 2012||Stoke 1 - Manchester City 1|
|English Premier League (EPL) (EPL)||Mar 24, 2012||Stoke 1 - Manchester City 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Stoke 3 - Chelsea 2||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Stoke 0 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Stoke 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 10, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke 3||EPL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed