MLS Preview: Toronto FC - Columbus Crew
With TFC struggling yet again this year, Columbus looks to seal yet another Trillium Cup victory.
By Keith Hickey
|Toronto (4-4-2): Bendik; Eckersley, Caldwell, Henry, Morgan; Osorio Hall, Laba, Convey; Brockie, Braun.
QUESTIONABLE: Danny Koevermans (L calf strain) Robert Earnshaw (L hamstring strain)
|Columbus (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Williams, Marshall, O'Rourke, Barson; Warzycha, Trapp, Higuain, Anor; Schoenfeld, Oduro.
OUT: Eddie Gaven (L ACL rupture), Glauber (L ACL Rupture), Eric Gehrig (R Ankle Sprain), Aaron Schoenfeld (R Shoulder Sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toronto and Columbus compete for the Trillium Cup. The Crew have won the trophy four out of the five years it has been contested.
- These teams have already met once this season. Columbus won 1-0 on May 18 at BMO Field.
- Columbus has been dominant in this fixture over the years. In 17 meetings, Columbus has won nine times with seven draws. TFC has won just once.
- Toronto, along with D.C. and Chivas USA, is one of the three teams averaging under a goal per game.
- Only one outfield player on Columbus' roster, defender/defensive midfielder Danny O'Rourke, has reached the age of 30.
Top 3 Predictions
Toronto FC 2-0 Columbus Crew
- 16.67 %
Toronto FC 2-1 Columbus Crew
- 16.67 %
Toronto FC 1-3 Columbus Crew
- 16.67 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Apr 5, 2014||Columbus Crew 0 - Toronto FC 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 17, 2013||Columbus Crew 2 - Toronto FC 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 27, 2013||Toronto FC 2 - Columbus Crew 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 18, 2013||Toronto FC 0 - Columbus Crew 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 28, 2012||Columbus Crew 2 - Toronto FC 1|
|Apr 19, 2014||FC Dallas 2 - Toronto FC 1||MLS|
|Apr 12, 2014||Toronto FC 0 - Colorado Rapids 1||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Columbus Crew 0 - Toronto FC 2||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Real Salt Lake 3 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Toronto FC 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed