MLS Preview: Chicago Fire - Sporting Kansas City
Chicago could put itself into a playoff spot with a win, while Kansas City needs those points to stay in contention for top spot in the East.
By Keith Hickey
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Larentowicz, Alex, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Logan Pause (SI dysfunction), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-2-3-1): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler Ellis; Olum, Rosell; Saad, Zusi, Kamara; Bieler.
OUT: Paulo Nagamura (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago is sixth in the Eastern Conference, with 21 points from 16 games, tied with the New England Revolution.
- With a win, the Fire could push themselves into the playoff spots at the expense of the Houston Dynamo. The Orange are two points ahead with one more game played.
- Kansas City is up in fourth, with 27 points from 18. Kansas City has an identical record to the Philadelphia Union, but with fewer goals scored.
- Mike Magee has scored four goals and assisted two in his five games since joining Chicago. In his 11th professional season, he's scored 10 goals in the year, a career high. His previous single-season best was seven, in his 2003 rookie campaign with New York.
- These teams have already met once this season, playing to a scoreless drawn on March 16 at Sporting Park.
Top 3 Predictions
Chicago Fire 2-0 Sporting Kansas City
- 28.57 %
Chicago Fire 2-1 Sporting Kansas City
- 28.57 %
Chicago Fire 3-2 Sporting Kansas City
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 23, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Sporting Kansas City 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 7, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Sporting Kansas City 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 16, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Chicago Fire 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 28, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Chicago Fire 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 29, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Chicago Fire 1|
|Apr 12, 2014||Montreal Impact 1 - Chicago Fire 1||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Chicago Fire 2 - Philadelphia Union 2||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||D.C. United 2 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Mar 23, 2014||Chicago Fire 1 - New York Red Bulls 1||MLS|
|Mar 16, 2014||Portland Timbers 1 - Chicago Fire 1||MLS|
|Sporting Kansas City|
|Apr 19, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 4 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Real Salt Lake 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Colorado Rapids 2 - Sporting Kansas City 3||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Mar 19, 2014||Cruz Azul 5 - Sporting Kansas City 1||CCL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed