MLS Preview: Chicago Fire - Sporting Kansas City
Chicago could put itself into a playoff spot with a win, while Kansas City needs those points to stay in contention for top spot in the East.
By Keith Hickey
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Larentowicz, Alex, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Logan Pause (SI dysfunction), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-2-3-1): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler Ellis; Olum, Rosell; Saad, Zusi, Kamara; Bieler.
OUT: Paulo Nagamura (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago is sixth in the Eastern Conference, with 21 points from 16 games, tied with the New England Revolution.
- With a win, the Fire could push themselves into the playoff spots at the expense of the Houston Dynamo. The Orange are two points ahead with one more game played.
- Kansas City is up in fourth, with 27 points from 18. Kansas City has an identical record to the Philadelphia Union, but with fewer goals scored.
- Mike Magee has scored four goals and assisted two in his five games since joining Chicago. In his 11th professional season, he's scored 10 goals in the year, a career high. His previous single-season best was seven, in his 2003 rookie campaign with New York.
- These teams have already met once this season, playing to a scoreless drawn on March 16 at Sporting Park.
Top 3 Predictions
Chicago Fire 2-0 Sporting Kansas City
- 28.57 %
Chicago Fire 2-1 Sporting Kansas City
- 28.57 %
Chicago Fire 3-2 Sporting Kansas City
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Aug 23, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Sporting Kansas City 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 7, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Sporting Kansas City 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 16, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Chicago Fire 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Sep 28, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Chicago Fire 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 29, 2012||Sporting Kansas City 0 - Chicago Fire 1|
|Oct 27, 2013||New York Red Bulls 5 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Oct 19, 2013||Chicago Fire 1 - Toronto FC 0||MLS|
|Oct 12, 2013||FC Dallas 2 - Chicago Fire 3||MLS|
|Oct 4, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Chicago Fire 3||MLS|
|Sep 28, 2013||Chicago Fire 2 - Montreal Impact 2||MLS|
|Sporting Kansas City|
|Dec 7, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 1 - Real Salt Lake 1||MLS|
|Nov 23, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Nov 9, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 0||MLS|
|Nov 6, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|Nov 2, 2013||New England Revolution 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed