MLS Preview: Montreal Impact - Colorado Rapids
Montreal will aim to strengthen its hold on the East, while Colorado looks to boost its playoff credentials.
By Keith Hickey
|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Iapchino; Warner, Bernier; Mapp, Martins, Nyassi; Di Vaio.
OUT: Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery), Maxim Tissot (toe fracture), Davy Arnaud (concussion-like symptoms)
|Colorado Rapids (4-3-3): Irwin; Wynne, Moor, Mera, Klute; Powers, Thomas, Sturgis; Harris, Brown, LaBrocca.
OUT: Diego Calderon (R knee surgery), Brenton Griffiths (R shoulder dislocation), Matt Pickens (L arm fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: Jaime Smith (R groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With 29 points from 14 games, Montreal is in first place in the Eastern Conference.
- Colorado is in seventh place in the West with 20 points from 17 games. The Rapids have lost their last three games, and are winless in their last five in all competitions. Their last win was a 2-0 victory over Chivas USA on May 25.
- With 10 goals, Montreal's Marco Di Vaio is tied for the MLS lead with Philadelphia's Jack McInerney and Chicago's Mike Magee.
- When Alessandro Nesta plays, the Impact are 7-0-1 this season. They are 2-3-1 without him
- Colorado won the only meeting between these sides last year, taking a 3-2 decision at home on May 26.
Top 3 Predictions
Montreal Impact 3-1 Colorado Rapids
- 17.86 %
Montreal Impact 2-1 Colorado Rapids
- 14.29 %
Montreal Impact 3-0 Colorado Rapids
- 14.29 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 29, 2013||Montreal Impact 3 - Colorado Rapids 4|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 26, 2012||Colorado Rapids 3 - Montreal Impact 2|
|Apr 12, 2014||Montreal Impact 1 - Chicago Fire 1||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||Montreal Impact 2 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||Philadelphia Union 1 - Montreal Impact 1||MLS|
|Mar 23, 2014||Montreal Impact 0 - Seattle Sounders FC 2||MLS|
|Mar 15, 2014||Houston Dynamo 1 - Montreal Impact 0||MLS|
|9||Marco Di Vaio||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed