MLS Preview: D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
San Jose is currently on a run of poor form, but that hardly compares with D.C.'s dire performance this season.
By Keith Hickey
|D.C. United (4-2-3-1): Hamid; Korb, McDonald, Woolard, Rochat; Kitchen, Thorrington; Nyassi, De Rosario, DeLeon; Pajoy.
OUT: Raphael Augusto (R calf strain), Lewis Neal (pubic stress reaction), Chris Pontius (concussion), James Riley (L adductor strain), Marcelo Saragosa (R knee surgery), Ethan White (L hip flexor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Dejan Jakovic (L groin strain), Kyle Porter (L calf strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Hernandez, Morrow, Corrales; Wondolowski, Cronin, Baca, Martinez; Gordon, Lenhart.||
OUT: Mike Fucito (R ankle sprain), Ty Harden (osteitis pubis)
QUESTIONABLE: Nana Attakora (concussion), Tommy Muller (Lower back spasms)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. United is in last place in Major League Soccer. With six points, the Red and Black are the only team not to break double digits, and the only one yet to record multiple victories.
- United has found more success in the U.S. Open Cup, qualifying for a quarterfinal meeting with the New England Revolution next week.
- San Jose currently sits eighth out of nine in the Western Conference. The 'Quakes have won just one of their last six games in all competitions, including an ignominious 1-0 elimination from the U.S. Open Cup at the hands of the Charleston Battery.
- San Jose forward Chris Wondolowski has taken 57 shots this season, more than any other player in the league.
- The one meeting between these two sides last season was a barn-burner. On May 2, 2012, San Jose ran out 5-3 winners over D.C. at Buck Shaw Stadium. Wondolowski and Steven Lenhart each had two goals for the hosts. Dwayne De Rosario was the pick of the visiting players, grabbing a goal and two assists for United's cause.
Top 3 Predictions
D.C. United 1-1 San Jose Earthquakes
- 29.41 %
D.C. United 2-1 San Jose Earthquakes
- 17.65 %
D.C. United 2-2 San Jose Earthquakes
- 5.88 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 22, 2013||D.C. United 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 2, 2012||San Jose Earthquakes 5 - D.C. United 3|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 30, 2011||San Jose Earthquakes 0 - D.C. United 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jun 11, 2011||D.C. United 2 - San Jose Earthquakes 4|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 9, 2010||D.C. United 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 2|
|Apr 19, 2014||Columbus Crew 1 - D.C. United 1||MLS|
|Apr 12, 2014||D.C. United 1 - New York Red Bulls 0||MLS|
|Apr 5, 2014||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||D.C. United 2 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Toronto FC 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|Apr 19, 2014||Colorado Rapids 0 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Apr 13, 2014||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - Columbus Crew 1||MLS|
|Mar 29, 2014||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|Mar 22, 2014||Sporting Kansas City 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 0||MLS|
|Mar 19, 2014||Toluca 1 - San Jose Earthquakes 1||CCL|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed