MLS Preview: New York Red Bulls - Montreal Impact
The winner of this game could take the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Currently four teams are tied for that spot.
By Keith Hickey
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Robles; Barklage, Holgersson, Olave, Pearce; Alexander, Juninho, Cahill, Steele; Espindola, Henry.
OUT: Ian Christianson (R Foot Injury), Digao (Heel injury), Dax McCarty (R Quadriceps Strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Ryan Meara (hip surgery recovery)
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Perkins; Brovsky, Ferrari, Camara, Iapchino; Romero, Martins, Bernier, Mapp; Paponi, Di Vaio.
OUT: Davy Arnaud (Concussion-like symptoms), Alessandro Nesta (R groin strain), Daniele Paponi (R hamstring strain), Andrea Pisanu (R quad strain), Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two teams are two of four Eastern Conference sides crowding the top of the table on 17 points. Montreal is third, behind Columbus on goals scored. New York is fourth on goal difference.
- If this game has a winner, that team could finish the night in possession of the top spot, especially with a big win that puts goal difference in its favor.
- New York has allowed 13 goals, the worst defensive record of any team currently occupying a playoff spot. It has, however, scored 16 goals, an MLS best.
- Montreal striker Marco Di Vaio has put more of his shots on goal than any other player in MLS, 17.
- New York has been flagged offside 38 times this season, more than any other club. Montreal is second, with 35.
Top 3 Predictions
New York Red Bulls 1-1 Montreal Impact
- 18.75 %
New York Red Bulls 0-2 Montreal Impact
- 18.75 %
New York Red Bulls 1-2 Montreal Impact
- 12.5 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 13, 2013||New York Red Bulls 4 - Montreal Impact 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2013||New York Red Bulls 2 - Montreal Impact 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 23, 2013||Montreal Impact 1 - New York Red Bulls 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Jul 28, 2012||Montreal Impact 3 - New York Red Bulls 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 19, 2012||Montreal Impact 1 - New York Red Bulls 2|
|New York Red Bulls|
|Nov 6, 2013||New York Red Bulls 1 - Houston Dynamo 2||MLS|
|Nov 3, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
|Oct 27, 2013||New York Red Bulls 5 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|Oct 20, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - New York Red Bulls 3||MLS|
|Oct 5, 2013||New York Red Bulls 2 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|8||Péguy Luyindula Makanda||Striker|
|34||Karl William Ouimette||Defender|
|9||Marco Di Vaio||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed