MLS Preview: Houston Dynamo - D.C. United
The Black-and-Red didn't had to wait long for a shot at revenge after losing out in last year's conference decider.
By Keith Hickey
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Taylor, Boswell, Ashe; Boniek, Moffat, Barnes, Davis; Bruin, Weaver.||
|D.C. United (4-2-3-1): Hamid; Korb, Jakovic, McDonald, Woolard; Kitchen, Saragosa; DeLeon, Thorrington, Pontius; Pajoy.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference championship. Houston won that series with a 4-2 aggregate victory.
- The Dynamo had the edge in the regular season as well. United won its home fixture 3-2, but La Naranja posted 1-0 and 4-0 wins back in Texas.
- This will be the 15th consecutive season D.C. United head coach Ben Olsen has been involved with the capital club. He began as a player in 1998, and became head coach in 2010.
- Longtime Houston Dynamo striker Brian Ching recently agreed a deal to become a player-coach for Dominic Kinnear's side.
- This will be the first year since 2010 that D.C. United has not opened its season with a home fixture.
Top 3 Predictions
Houston Dynamo 0-2 D.C. United
- 22.22 %
Houston Dynamo 0-8 D.C. United
- 14.82 %
Houston Dynamo 2-0 D.C. United
- 14.82 %
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Oct 27, 2013||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||May 8, 2013||D.C. United 0 - Houston Dynamo 4|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Mar 2, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - D.C. United 0|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 18, 2012||D.C. United 1 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|USA - Major League Soccer (MLS)||Nov 11, 2012||Houston Dynamo 3 - D.C. United 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||Houston Dynamo 4 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|Nov 23, 2013||Sporting Kansas City 2 - Houston Dynamo 1||MLS|
|Nov 9, 2013||Houston Dynamo 0 - Sporting Kansas City 0||MLS|
|Nov 6, 2013||New York Red Bulls 1 - Houston Dynamo 2||MLS|
|Nov 3, 2013||Houston Dynamo 2 - New York Red Bulls 2||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed