Low rules out taking Bayern Munich job after World Cup

ShareClose Comments
The coach has distanced himself from the possibility of taking over at the Allianz Arena next summer to fill the void left by Carlo Ancelotti

Germany boss Joachim Low insists he is not planning to leave after the World Cup to take over at Bayern Munich.

The 57-year-old has been heavily tipped to become the Bundesliga champions' permanent head coach when Jupp Heynckes leaves at the end of the season.

Bayern 15/2 to win Champions League

National team general manager Oliver Bierhoff admitted earlier this month the move was possible, although he later stressed he would rebuff any attempt by Bayern to bring Low to the Allianz Arena.

And Low has distanced himself from the prospect of a return to club coaching next year, suggesting he will instead honour his contract with Germany, which lasts until after Euro 2020.

"This isn't a consideration for me at all," he told ZDF's Aktuelle Sportstudio when asked about the Bayern rumours.

Article continues below

"On the one hand, I once said I could imagine coaching a club again because I enjoy daily training.

"On the other, the World Cup is coming up and I have a contract until 2020. I'm not thinking about anything other than the World Cup."

Bayern's 2-0 win over RB Leipzig on Saturday saw them return to the top of the Bundesliga table, three points ahead of Borussia Dortmund, who suffered a 4-2 defeat to Hannover.

Next article:
EXTRA TIME: Didier Drogba meet up with World Cup winner Paul Pogba
Next article:
adidas Football Reveals New FC Bayern Away Jersey For 2018/19 Season
Next article:
Real Madrid farewell? Navas posts cryptic message amid Courtois links
Next article:
EXTRA TIME: Mohamed Salah enjoys time at the beach
Next article:
Spain taxes chased Ronaldo away from Real Madrid, says Tebas
Close

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Show more Accept