Tosun to Everton 'not finished', says Besiktas chief

ShareClose Comments
The Turkish club say that any deal is not near completion, and claim to have rejected a bid from a Chinese Super League club

Everton still have work to do in order to complete the signing of Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun, the Turkish Super Lig side have revealed.

Turkey international Tosun was understood to be on the verge of sealing a £25 million move to Goodison Park, with Besiktas chairman Fikret Orman reportedly due in London for meetings with the Everton hierarchy on Wednesday.

But speaking at the signing ceremony for new recruit Domagoj Vida, Orman told reporters his club have previously turned down an offer in excess of what Everton tabled from a Chinese Super League club.

"We had an offer from Everton. But the situation is not finished yet," he said.

Article continues below

"We had an offer from a Chinese club for him too. They offered €35 million but we didn't even talk about that.

"Cenk Tosun's future is important to us too."

Tosun, 26, has scored 14 goals in 24 matches for Besiktas this season, including four in six outings as Senol Gunes' side reached the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Next article:
World Cup 2018 fantasy football: What games to play & the best players to pick
Next article:
'I believe in the players who are here' – Emery satisfied with Arsenal squad
Next article:
Iniesta set for Vissel Kobe unveiling after agreeing Japan move
Next article:
PKNP-Selangor match postponed due to floodlights failure
Next article:
I've always believed Liverpool will reach the Champions League final – Salah
Close