The 33-year-old is back in the Bleus squad under Didier Deschamps after proving he remains a world-class defender with a string of impressive displays for MonacoEric Abidal says he will continue making himself available for France for as long as his body will allow.
The Monaco defender was forced to have a kidney transplant in March of last year, just 12 months after the removal of a cancerous tumour.
However, after remarkably working his way back to full fitness with Barcelona, Abidal has now worked his way back into the France squad after a string of commanding displays at the back for Monaco.
"It was difficult," the 33-year-old centre-half told L'Equipe. "But I fought back and now I'm fighting to stay at the level I'm at.
"Afterwards, if my body and my health will not allow it, I would probably quite. But today this is not the case.
"After what I experienced, there may always be skeptics but, as the coach [Didier Deschamps] has said, I have had a good preparation for this game.
"For the moment, I'm playing and I want to continue. There is no problem."
Abidal is now in line to make his 63rd appearance for his country in Friday's World Cup qualifier against Georgia.