The Protectors won the Coach, Young Player and Player of the Year awards as the 2013 season drew to a close with the ceremony
Held at ITE College East (Simei), the event served to reward the best in league after the end of a long season, which saw Tampines Rovers win the league crown for a third successive year and Balestier Khalsa hoist the League Cup for their first major trophy.
The Protectors nabbed the last three awards of the night, with Sirina Camara starting the ball rolling by clinching the Great Eastern Young Player of the Year. He was followed by coach Lee Lim Saeng, who was presented with the Mikasa Coach of the Year, before star midfielder Lee Kwan Woo (right) took home the YEO's Player of the Year award.
Hosted by Vanessa and her surprise co-host, Ho Kwang Hock, the event began with Tanjong Pagar United winger Hafiz Nor being awarded the Tiger Beer Goal of the Year for his sublime volley against Balestier Khalsa early in the year.
The RHB Top Scorer award was given to Woodlands Wellington striker Moon Soon Ho and Tampines Rovers veteran Aleksandar Duric (left), who both notched 15 goals. Hougang United forward Mamadou Diallo was named the YEO's People Choice award winner, while Woodlands Wellington won the POLAR Fan Club of the Year award.
There was also a special award for Lambri bin Moondari, Hougang United's groundsman, who keeps the Hougang pitch in impeccable condition.
S.League CEO Lim Chin hailed everyone involved throughout the season in his speech as he praised the efforts of the "family".
“It was a great night for the whole S.League family to come together to celebrate the end of a great season," he said.
"I think there are no winners or losers and everyone deserves a big pat on the back for a job well done. My sincere congratulations to all the award winners in the Great Eastern-YEO’s S.League Awards Night 2013.”
Full list of award winners
1. Tiger Beer Goal of the Year: Hafiz Nor (Tanjong Pagar United)
2. RHB Story of the Year: “Man, he’s on the ground from dawn to dusk” by Fabius Chen, Straits Times
3. Singapore Pools Picture of the Year: “Crushed and Disappointed” by Darren Ho, Vox Sports
4. RHB Top Scorer Award: Aleksandar Duric (Tampines Rovers) and Moon Soon Ho (Woodlands Wellington)
5. Diadora Assistant Referee of the Year: Edwin Lee Tzu Liang
6. Great Eastern Referee of the Year: Abdul Malik Bashir
7. Special Appreciation Award: Lambri bin Moondari, Hougang United groundman
8. Singapore Pools Fair Play Award: Albirex Niigata (S)
9. POLAR Fan Club of the Year: Woodlands Wellington Fan Club
10. YEO’S People’s Choice Award: Mamadou Diallo (Hougang United)
11. Great Eastern Young Player of the Year: Sirina Camara (Home United)
12. MIKASA Coach of the Year: Lee Lim Saeng Home United)
13. YEO’S Player of the Year: Lee Kwan Woo (Home United)