The 62-year-old guided Netherlands to third place at the World Cup in Brazil and says he has no need for a holiday before he begins work at the Premier League clubLouis van Gaal has confirmed that he will begin work at Manchester United on Wednesday.
The 62-year-old, who guided Netherlands to third place in the 2014 World Cup, was named as David Moyes' permanent successor in May, signing a three-year contract.
And having finished work with the Oranje, as reported by Goal, Van Gaal says he has no need for a holiday ahead of taking the reins at Old Trafford.
"I like everything I do,” he told NOS. “And because I like it, I don't mind continuing with the next job. It's not a problem for me that I'm already going to Manchester on Wednesday. A new experience with new people.
"It's great to have such an exciting challenge. To work daily with young people is something that I don't need time off to rest for.
“I hope the group in Manchester will become like this [Netherlands] one. We have to sing from the same hymn sheet.
"I hope at Manchester United I can do my best. I will do my best. Whether that's enough for the fans I will wait and see, but I genuinely hope that will be the case."Van Gaal has already begun his Old Trafford squad revamp, signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao and Luke Shaw from Southampton, but has been conducting his business from Brazil – having only met “two people” from the club so far.
“I'm looking forward to it. I've only met two people from the daily management at the club - the chief scout and the chief executive officer. And I've met two of the owners. It's time that I get to know more people at the club."