thumbnail Hello,

The Welsh midfielder has been a star for the Gunners this season and looks capable of leading a revolution as they aim to build on their FA Cup triumph

In the end, it seemed fitting that it would be left up to Aaron Ramsey to cap Arsenal's comeback in the FA Cup final.

From 2-0 down, the Gunners forced extra time against Hull City, before the Welsh midfielder poked home a superb finish to break the nine-year trophy drought. In addition to helping seal the victory, it was also a personal fightback of sorts for Ramsey, who was hit by injury during Arsenal's title run-in.

The 23-year-old was a key figure in spearheading the Gunners' title tilt up until his injury, enjoying his best-ever season yet since returning from a horror leg-break and a miserable campaign last season. Ramsey ended this campaign with 16 goals from 35 appearances, which eclipsed the tally of all his previous seasons put together.

With his prominent rise and starring role, it is no wonder that Goal Singapore readers believe that manager Arsene Wenger should build the side around Ramsey, with 65.8% indicating that he was the fulcrum of the side. The remaining 34.2% were less convinced, pointing out that the likes of Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere were good players as well.

Poll of the day

Is Ramsey the man Wenger should build Arsenal around?