thumbnail Hello,

The Reds have mounted an impressive title push this season but with the campaign drawing to an end, plans have to be made for a sustained assault in the coming one

They are still in with a chance to win the Premier League title, in an assault that most did not see coming this season.

Faced with the likes of cash-rich Chelsea and Manchester City, Liverpool have done extremely well to remain in contention for the crown as the final day of the season approaches. Regardless of whether the Reds win the title, the season can be considered a successful one by most accounts.

There have been excellent performers all over the pitch, like Jordan Henderson, Raheem Sterling and Coutinho, apart from the usual suspects like Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez. However, the likes of Joe Allen and Iago Aspas as backup have arguably not been good enough, while Liverpool's defensive frailties are clear for all to see.

A case for heavy investment in the summer can be made, although the majority of Goal Singapore readers believe that there is no need to spend heavily on reinforcements. 63.4% feel that there is already a solid existing pool of players and only a couple of astute signings will be required. However, the remaining 36.6% hold the opposite view, indicating that Brendan Rodgers should splash the cash.

Former Reds defender Jamie Carragher has voiced his opinion that the owners have to back Rodgers this season and give the manager the finances to bring in "quality additions".

Poll of the day

Do Liverpool need to spend heavily on new reinforcements for the new season?

Related