Both teams have embarked on remarkable runs to secure their Premier League status, having looked destined for the drop earlier on in the season
It was the fourth straight victory in a remarkable turnaround for the Black Cats, who have now beaten Chelsea, Manchester United and drawn with Manchester City. More importantly, that stunning run has secured their top-flight status, a great escape considering that they were bottom of the table just five games ago.
Another team that has embarked on their own miracle streak is Crystal Palace. Ten games into the season, they were rock bottom with only three points. Then, Tony Pulis took over and the man who have never been relgated during his previous spell at lesser sides did his magic. Now, Palace are 11th in the table, far away from the relegation dogfight.
Both teams have done brilliantly to escape the drop, but Goal Singapore readers have picked out Sunderland's feat as the more impressive one, with 59.1% voting for them over Palace. This may perhaps be due to the dramatic and more sudden turnaround of their fate, as compared to a slower and more gradual one for Palace. The remaining 40.9%, however, still remain in awe of Palace.