thumbnail Hello,

The Chelsea number one has been ruled out for the rest of the season after injuring himself in the Champions League, with the crunch tie against the Reds coming up this weekend

Is it Cech-mate for Chelsea's title chances? With the Blues set to face Liverpool in a crunch Premier League clash this weekend, the loss of their number one could prove to be a big blow.

The Czech goalkeeper was taken off during their 0-0 draw against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday morning after just 15 minutes after falling awkwardly. The 31-year-old was then subsequently ruled out for the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder, meaning that he will miss the second leg as well as the rest of their three league matches.

With the Reds leading by five points at the top, second-placed Chelsea need a victory at Anfield on Sunday to keep their title hopes alive, but the unavailability of their custodian could yet be vital.

The majority of Goal Singapore readers have indicated that the loss of Cech will be key, with 63.3% believing that it hands the initiative to Liverpool. The remaining 36.7%, however, think that Mark Schwarzer will be an able enough deputy, with the Australian doing decently after replacing his compatriot against Atletico.

To add to their woes, Jose Mourinho will also have captain John Terry unavailable after he came off with an injury as well, while star midfielder Eden Hazard is doubtful.

Poll of the day

Will Chelsea losing Cech hand the initiative to Liverpool when they meet?