The Spanish midfielder will only have one more year left on his current contract in the summer but the Gunners are looking at new options in the middle of the park
The Spaniard will have only a year remaining on his current deal in the summer but Goal understands that the Gunners are looking at new central midfielders.
Arsenal have handed out new contracts to the likes of Tomas Rosicky, Per Mertesacker and Santi Cazorla recently, while also looking to tie down Bacary Sagna, but Arteta has been conspicuously ignored.
With 34 appearances this season, the 32-year-old has featured regularly enough in his third season at the Emirates, although he has been helped by injuries to Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
The majority of Goal Singapore readers believe that Arteta should not be offered a new contract extension by Arsenal, with 54% indicating that he is too old and that the club should move on from him. The remaining 46%, however, think that he could still prove useful and warrants a stay.
The Gunners have been linked with the likes of Napoli's Jorginho, Schalke star Julian Draxler and Juventus playmaker Claudio Marchisio in recent times.