Pair Sufian with Amri, say Goal Singapore readers

The former came on to bag a hat-trick as the LionsXII romped to a 4-1 victory over Pahang FA and coach Fandi Ahmad will have a dilemma as to who starts upfront in their next game
The best thing that can happen for a substitute is to be able to change the game when called upon. On Tuesday night at the Jalan Besar Stadium, Sufian Anuar did that - and more.

With the score at 1-1 against Pahang FA, the LionsXII substitute bagged an incredible hat-trick to ultimately lead his team to a 4-1 victory, which helped banish the demons of a 1-0 loss to Sime Darby FC three days earlier.

The reigning Malaysia Super League champions were struggling to break down the visitors, who came into the clash as league leaders and on the back of a five-game winning streak.

But the 26-year-old instantly provided a different approach upfront when he came on and was in the right place at the right time on three occasions to open his league account in style.

Coach Fandi Ahmad had elected to start Khairul Nizam with half-brother Amri in a two-pronged offense, but the former's injury was the cue for Sufian's entry. Now, the Singapore legend has to decide on whether to stick to two strikers for the next game against Selangor FA on Saturday.

The majority of Goal Singapore readers believe that Fandi should throw both Sufian and Amri together, with 49.3% indicating that they compliment each other and could be a lethal partnership if given the chance. A further 30.1% think that Sufian should start over Amri outright, while the remaining 20.6% believe the Sufian is still better off an an impact substitute.

While it may seem likely that Fandi will opt for a lone striker approach in an away game, it will be interesting to see his tactics come match-day.