thumbnail Hello,

The Dutch striker has had to endure speculation over his future at Old Trafford lately, although he has come out to set the record straight in an interview with the club's website

Will Robin van Persie stay or leave? That is the question hanging over the Manchester United striker's future in recent weeks.

The Dutch ace seemed to insinuate that his team-mates made things "difficult" for him, prompting talk that he was unsettled at the club. That was denied by manager David Moyes, although the 30-year-old has perhaps not helped his own cause with some poor displays of late in his second season at Old Trafford.

It was also revealed that the former Arsenal player has an exit clause in his contract that allows him to speak to other clubs should the Red Devils not finish in the top four this season.

Van Persie has come out to allay concerns over his future, stating in an extensive interview with the club's official website on Friday that he is perfectly content where he is and there are no concerns over Moyes's training methods, which he reportedly disagreed with earlier on this season. On his part, the latter indicated delight at his star striker's statements.

But it appears that Goal Singapore readers are not convinced, with 58.9% believing that Van Persie still appears unhappy and that he should leave the club. The remaining 41.1%, however, feel that United are best suited for him at this stage in his career and there is no reason for him to leave, with his star status.

The Red Devils will hope Van Persie can make a return to goalscoring form when they take on bitter rivals Liverpool on Sunday night, Singapore time.


Poll of the day

Van Persie has come out to 'set the record straight'. What do you think: should he stay at Man Utd?

Related

From the web