thumbnail Hello,

The Uruguyuan striker has been in sensational form for Liverpool this season but our readers feel he is still behind the Real Madrid and Barcelona superstars

There is no doubting that Luis Suarez has been brilliant for Liverpool this season so far, as the Reds sit top of the Premier League at the time of writing.

A brace and one assist in the 3-1 win over Cardiff on Saturday brought the Uruguayan's tally to 19 goals and five assists in 15 matches, which is quite remarkable.

The striker's pace and trickery has been too much for most defences this season and after a summer where it appeared as if his departure from Anfield was certain, Suarez signalled a fresh change to his fortunes at the club by signing a new long-term deal.

Such has been the 26-year-old's form that he has been compared to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as one of the best players in the world, and it is not difficult to see why.

However, the majority of Goal Singapore readers believe that even on Suarez's current form, the two superstars are still ahead of him.

64.7% indicated that Suarez still falls behind Ronaldo and Messi, who have been widely regarded as the top two footballers in the world for the past few years. Only the remaining 35.3% feel that Suarez can match them based on his current brilliance.

With Liverpool due to take on Manchester City in a thrilling clash this Friday, Suarez has the chance to perform against one of the league's best and keep up his claims to be ranked alongside the duo.

Poll of the day

Is Suarez better than Ronaldo or Messi?

Related

From the web