thumbnail Hello,

The Schalke 04 midfielder is one of the most sought-after young talents in Europe and the Premier League champions are rumoured to be readying a bid for him in January

Manchester United's interest in Schalke starlet Julian Draxler was exclusively revealed on Wednesday by Goal, with the Premier League champions set to compete against Arsenal and Chelsea.

United boss David Moyes has been an admirer of Draxler for more than two years and is hopeful of a deal, despite interest also coming from other top European clubs like Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus and Inter.

The 20-year-old has previously hinted at a switch to Arsenal as well, with the Gunners being quoted a £40 million asking price when they made an informal enquiry.

"I like English football. I like the Premier League, of course - it's one of the best leagues in the world," he told the BBC on Tuesday.

"You have big clubs like Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea - of course it's a big dream to play for one of them. 

"I have my favourite team but, at the moment, I'm at Schalke. I don't want to talk about other clubs."

The German midfielder is without doubt one of the hottest properties in Europe, but Goal Singapore readers believe, perhaps somewhat surprisingly, that he is not the answer to Manchester United's woes in the middle of the pitch.

It was a close call though, with 51% of those polled feel that the Red Devils should not sign Draxler, perhaps conscious that the youngster might be too inconsistent or even too expensive to be a genuine alternative. The other 49% think that Draxler will be a worthy investment, and Moyes should sign him.

Even if a move to Old Trafford does not materialise, however, Draxler looks bound for a new side with the huge amount of interest in him.

Poll of the day

Should Manchester United sign Julian Draxler?

Related

From the web