Is Andres Iniesta leaving Barcelona for English champions Manchester United?
Iniesta has been strongly linked with a switch to Old Trafford in recent days with manager David Moyes keen to sign a big, big name in the January transfer window.
It is interesting to know whether this will happen and see the Primera Liga lose a midfielder with that superstar status.
Some of the best in Primera Liga have left for the English Premier League in recent seasons. Names like Sergio 'Kun' Aguero, David Silva, Juan Mata, David De Gea, Yaya Toure, Alvaro Negredo and Roberto Soldado, among others.
Iniesta, 29, still has not renewed his contract with Barcelona, which runs out in June 2015, and big clubs in Europe are all following new developments with interest.
British newspapers are, as usual, have been reporting Iniesta's transfer poser with special interest.
For instance, the Daily Mail's headline points to United's awareness of the difficulties Iniesta is having renewing his contract and the fact that Moyes has asked his club to try and sign him in January.
In a latest development, though, Barca are reportedly close to offering Iniesta a new contract at Nou camp in order to ward off interest from United.
Despite claims that the Spain midfielder is considering the switch, the Catalans are believed to be days away from offering him a new contract to stay.
It’s thought the new deal would run until 2017, and replaces Iniesta’s current contract, which was due to expire in 2015.
According to reports, the terms would see Iniesta move into the same pay bracket as stars such as Carlos Puyol and Xavi.
Iniesta as previously ‘unsettled’ because of his earnings, but he now looks certain to stay with Sport suggesting the deal will be signed and sealed by early next month.
I can't understand why Iniesta is earning less than that of Puyol and Xavi in the first place - besides reports suggesting that he is not too happy with manager Gerard 'Tata' Martino's rotation system.
Iniesta may not be performing up to expectations thus far this season but the 2010 World Cup hero has been a key figure in Barca's successes in the last few seasons.
Here another development from England.
Former Barca star Gaizka Mendieta says it is highly unlikely that Iniesta will not leave Barca for United.
"You can never say never, but I think Iniesta is happy to be at Barca," Mendieta told talkSPORT.
"Tata is imposing this rotation, which I think we all agree they all needed, but players believe that there will be a point where Iniesta and Barca will reach agreement.
"The fact they say there is no rush in the negotiations means they seem happy to wait and see what happens.
"Barca are going great. Maybe the style of football is not what it was like before, but they are still winning," said Mendieta, who also played for Valencia and Middlesbrough.
Mendieta may be in for a surprise.
Here is another piece of news to surely add spice to the Iniesta contract saga.
Real Madrid are set for talks with a mystery Barca player, it has now been revealed.
Outspoken agent Francois Gallardo made the revelation on Punto Pelota.
"Next week, a Barca player will be offered to Real Madrid," declared Gallardo.
"The player doesn't feel loved [at Barca] and when they realise, it'll be too late.
"Obviously next week they'll talk to Real and see if that possibility exists. There are now serious enquiries."
Iniesta? Or is it someone else? It's turning into a good script for a movie now, this tranfer saga.
Oh yes... it seems Iniesta has been bitten by the acting bug after starring as an albino pirate in the Spanish version of Aardman animation “Pirates”.
Now he has bagged his second big screen role, making a cameo, in a crime movie “Quien Mato a Bambi?” (Who Shot Bambi?).
"Despite me not being an actor, I enjoyed the role [in this movie] and I had a good time filming the scene," said Iniesta.
This comedy, directed by Santi Amodeo, premieres in Spanish cinemas on November 15.
Wonder whether it will be shown here in Malaysia.