thumbnail Hello,

With recent transfer rumours about the Barcelona maestro's availability, our readers feel David Moyes should move for the Spanish midfielder

For the past few seasons, it has been clear that Manchester United's need for a world-class central midfielder is growing.

Mesut Ozil's move to Arsenal has got many Red Devils supporters wondering what could have been, while mooted transfers for the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera and Thiago in the pre-season all did not pan out eventually.

While Marouane Fellaini was eventually purchased from Everton on transfer deadline day, many are not convinced that the afro-haired Belgian is what United need in midfield beside Michael Carrick.

With recent reports suggesting that Barcelona ace Andres Iniesta might be available after rumours of a rift with his bosses, Goal Singapore readers are convinced that David Moyes should move for the Spain midfielder.

A majority 58% believe that Iniesta is exactly what the defending Premier League champions need, and it would indeed make a massive statement if Iniesta is procured. The remaining 42% did express concern over Iniesta's age, believing that given his 29 years, a big investment would not make the most sense.

After a poor start to the season, Moyes has appeared to steady the ship somewhat and last weekend's 1-0 win over Arsenal has moved them to within five points of the league-leading Gunners.

Poll of the day

Should Manchester United sign Andres Iniesta?

Related

From the web