thumbnail Hello,

The Manchester United winger has not featured much for the first team this season and our readers feel he should get game time elsewhere

When Manchester United secured the signing of Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace last season, it was generally thought that the Red Devils had bagged one of the most exciting talents in English football.

The 20-year-old remained on loan with Palace and helped them navigate the playoffs to be promoted to the Premier League this season, before moving to Old Trafford at the end of it.

The England Under-21 international also impressed when he featured on United's pre-season tour under new manager David Moyes but ever since the campaign has started, he has struggled to even make the bench.

His first competitive outing came against Norwich on Tuesday in the Capital One Cup as he played 77 minutes in their 4-0 win. It was his first senior game since he played an hour of the Community Shield victory over Wigan.

With the other wingers like Nani, Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young all failing to impress so far, it is a little baffling to understand why Zaha has not been given more opportunities to stake a claim for his place.

As such, Goal Singapore readers believe that the exciting talent might as well be loaned out to get more playing time, instead of continuing to be in the shadows at United. A 55.6% majority think a loan spell would be beneficial, possibly giving him a chance to shine elsewhere and give Moyes second thoughts. The other 44.4% feel, however, that Moyes should simply just start handing Zaha more opportunities.

Having impressed against Norwich, Zaha might feel he has done enough to warrant more chances, but whether Moyes will take heed is another matter altogether.

Poll of the day

Should Manchester United loan out Zaha?

Related