The Football Fever Podcast team feel that it wasn't injuries that mauled Michael Owen's career but a lack of technical ability.
A lack of technical ability rather than injuries is why former England and Liverpool forward Michael Owen is retiring at the relatively young age of 33, according to The Football Fever Podcast team. With his pace all but gone, Owen has been unable to adapt his game in the way that contemporaries like Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville have done. Even half a decade ago, Owen’s Real Madrid teammates were reportedly aghast at how relatively unskilled the ex-World Cup star was during 5-a-side kickarounds at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
Click here for this edition of Football Fever Podcast On Goal.com!
Hope you enjoy it. Do pop by and like our Facebook page to enjoy more discussion.
- Ex-Southampton boss Nigel Adkins takes over as manager of Reading
- Which EPL teams will get relegated?
- Was Rio Ferdinand right to pull out of England squad?
- Asian World Cup qualifying: Australia slip up at home v Oman
- Cardiff City FC plan Malaysia trip – if promotion is confirmed
- Shebby Singh breaks Blackburn Rovers’ silence after another managerial sacking
- Preview of key weekend EPL fixtures in top-4 race
- Jose Mourinho back at Stamford Bridge to watch international friendly
Neil Humphreys: Best Selling Football Author, Columnist, Satirist
R. Sasikumar: Ex-Singapore International & Asian sports marketing director
Uday Joshi: Southeast Asian TV broadcaster & media analyst
Jason Dasey: Premier League Host/Executive Producer, Astro SuperSport (Malaysia)
Do leave us YOUR feedback on the show in the comments box below.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.