Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has revealed the club does not need the money that has been reported to be a possible transfer fee for attacker Radamel Falcao.
Last month, Goal.com revealed that Chelsea had opened informal talks with the Colombia international over a €60 million transfer, and with Real Madrid also interested in the forward, Cerezo has claimed the club do not need to sell their star player as their financial situation is stable.
"I have 60 million and the truth is that they are very well where they are. I do not know if Madrid have the money, but I know my accounts," he said at the Atletico Madrid rugby team presentation.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez joked that he had passed Falcao a napkin with an offer of moving to the Santiago Bernabeu at a recent awards ceremony in a similar style as to when he proposed Zinedine Zidane's move to the Spanish capital from Juventus in 2000.
But Cerezo denied that the incident had taken place and was confused as to why Perez would make up such a story.
He added: "I saw no napkin. Furthermore, there were not paper napkins, but cloth.
"I do not know what he is talking about. The napkins are worth what they are worth."
The Atleti chief also said, despite the 22:00CET start time of their Copa del Rey clash, they are looking forward to Wednesday's match.
He added: "We are calm ahead of the Copa del Rey game against Getafe tomorrow, which will be nice, although it's very late."