thumbnail Hello,

Despite their recent good form of late, the defending champions have still been written off for now by our readers for the Premier League crown

Manchester United ended their December on a winning note when they narrowly beat Norwich City 1-0 on Saturday at Carrow Road.

Danny Welbeck's second-half winner ensured a fourth consecutive Premier League win, with clean sheets in three of those, and also represented six successive wins in all competitions. That is certainly a big improvement on a poor start to the month that saw them draw once and lose the next two league games.

A highlight was a 3-2 comeback victory over Hull City on Boxing Day after trailing by two goals and the run of wins has seen them climb to sixth currently, leaving them eight points behind leaders Arsenal at the halfway stage of the campaign.

Such good form has led many to wonder whether the Red Devils have hauled themselves back into the title race, but the majority of Goal Singapore readers have poured scorn on that idea.

62.6% of our readers believe that David Moyes's men are still not in the title reckoning, at least for now, despite their recent victories. Only the remaining 37.4% still think that the defending champions cannot be written off at this points, despite having already lost five games.

With Tottenham up next at Old Trafford on Thursday morning, it will be interesting to see whether United can continue to keep up the pressure on the teams ahead of them.

Poll of the day

Are Manchester United back in the title race?

Related

From the web