The Reds will spend Christmas at the top of the Premier League table, but our readers doubt they can last the distance
Their 3-1 win over Cardiff on Saturday, coupled with Arsenal's 0-0 bore draw with Chelsea on Tuesday morning, means that the Reds lead the table ahead of the Gunners on goal difference with 36 points.
Lying in third is Manchester City with 35, while Chelsea and Everton follow next with 34. Newcastle and Tottenham take sixth and seventh with 30 each, while defending champions are further behind in eighth with 28.
This has led many to wonder whether Brendan Rodgers and his men can last the pace and finish in the same position come the end of the season, as they hunt a first-ever Premier League crown.
The records seem to favour them. For the past four seasons, the team that had led the table at Christmas went on to win the title.
However, Liverpool were also the last team to do so and not win the title, finishing second under Rafael Benitez in 2008/09. Furthermore, they also failed to win the league the previous two times before that when they led at Christmas during 1990/91 and 1996/97.
The majority of Goal Singapore readers also do not appear to fancy the Reds' title charge, with 66.4% believing they will fall short and be knocked off from their current perch. Only the remaining 33.6% have faith that Rodgers can lead Liverpool to a first league title in 24 years.
With Manchester City up next on Friday morning, Singapore time, Luis Suarez and company will not find the going easy.