Johor will have a fully-loaded attack that will spell trouble for T-Team when they collide in the Malaysian Super League on Saturday evening in Larkin
JOHOR DARUL TAKZIM
Mansor - Aidil - Ahmad - Azmi Muslim
Ezrie - Safiq (c) - Adha
Safee - Guiza
Ridzwan - Hassan - Marzuki (c) - Shazlan
Syamim - Boateng - Badrul - Naim
Muinuddin - Folan
The 2013 Malaysian Super League (MSL) resumes this weekend and Johor Darul Takzim are set to play hosts to Peter Butler’s T-Team.
Fandi Ahmad’s ‘million-dollar’ team will boast a potent frontline after declaring two days ago that both Safee Sali and Nurshahrul Idlan are fit to play on Saturday. And with Dani Guiza recently finding scoring form, T-Team will have a big task at hand trying to stop the Southern Tigers.
Johor, however, may have to restart their league campaign without defender Aidil Zafuan and Italian midfield maestro Simone Del Nero due to injuries.
T-Team much like their opponents this weekend, have three wins in their last five outings but it seems that Butler is still unimpressed by his foreign signings - Caleb Folan and George Boateng - who have played in the English Premier League.
If the Titan’s 3-2 victory in the FA Cup against Perlis amounts to anything, Butler’s men will be a formidable team to beat. Hopefully the Englishman can focus on the game and not on antics at the sidelines - remember his squabbles with Kelantan coach Bojan.
Head to head, Johor and T-team have been a joy to watch. In their most recent encounter in the MSL they played to a 1-1 draw last July.
With Butler’s 8th-place Titans going up against Fandi’s star-studded Southern Tigers who stand at 5th, fans can expect a goal feast.
The match is scheduled to kick off in the Tan Sri Dato Haji Hassan Yunos Stadium at 4:45p.m.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- T-Team have invested heavy this season by bringing in foreign expertise.
- George Boateng (pictured) is a former Dutch international and Caleb Folan has 7 caps for the Republic of Ireland.
- Croatians Dado Kondic (goalkeeping coach) and Sebastian Knapic (fitness trainer) have also been added on to the coaching staff.
- Johor Darul Takzim have the two best forwards in Malaysia, Safee Sali, Norshahrul, within their ranks
- Star striker Dani Guiza has previously won the Pichichi award (Top Scorers award) in 2008.
- Their head coach, Fandi Ahmad, is regarded as the best Singapore player in their history.