Negeri Sembilan 0-1 Perak: Late Failee winner snatches dramatic victory for Seladangs

Failee Ghazali emerged the hero as he fired home a last minute winner to give Perak a crucial victory at the Tunku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi

The game got off to an explosive start as Perak were provided with a golden opportunity just outside the box. Rafael Novais stepped up to take the free kick and his powerful shot was unlucky to hit the bar. However, Hadi Yahya scuffled the rebound and fired over the bar.

But as the game progressed, the tempo slowed down woth both Perak and Negeri playing a very safe game, not wanting to commit too many men forward.

Nazrin Nawi then fired a free kick that grazed the top of the bar in the 10th minute before Shahurain Abu Samah's attempt was saved well by Farizal.

On the 23rd minute, Negeri almost punished Perak for their defensive mishap as Nazrin found space down the left flank. He then surged forward before putting in a cross for Firdaus Azizul, but the latter's shot was tipped away brilliantly by Farizal Marlias.

Seven minutes later, Perak carved open the Negeri defence through the left wing and Nazrin Kamal managed to curl one into the box, finding for Yong Kuong Yong.  William Modibo barged in to head the ball clear, but his miscued header almost caught his own goalkeeper, who was thankfully aware enough to tip it over the bar. The score remained goalless as both sides went into half time.

After the break, Perak began to dominate possession and were given a good chance as Yong was brought down outside the box. Rafiuddin though, curled straight into the goalkeeper's hand in the 55th minute.

Nazrin, who was a constant menace down the left flank for Negeri Sembilan, broke through the Perak defence in the 67th minute, but he couldn't regain stability to fire the shot on target. 

Negeri Sembilan then broke away on a counter attack in the 74th minute, and Shahurain Abu Samah found space to blast a shot towards the goal, but it was stopped heroicly by Perak's skipper Shahrom Kalam. 

By the 80th minute mark, the pace of the game was slowing down but the home side wasted one glorious chance in the 82nd minute. Eddy Helmi was one-on-one with Farizal Marlias, but the national team goalkeeper did enough to parry it out to safety.

Perak and Negeri Sembilan both pushed forward immensely in a frantic final few moments but it was the away side that ultimately got their winner in the last few seconds as Failee fired home from close range to give Perak their second win of the season!