Thiru - Shahrom - Rafael - Syazwan
Chanturu - Failee - Shahrulnizam - Yong
Rouani - Hadi
Mazlizam - Mahathevan - Marzuki - Shazlan
Hasbullah - Boateng - Pritam - Isma
Perak and T-Team will kick-off their new Malaysian Super League (MSL) season earlier than the other teams, when they take each other on in Lumut this evening.
Both teams have not reported any serious injuries in the lead-up to the game and thus, can be expected to be at full strength for this match.
Hosts Perak will be in confident mood not only because they play at home, but also because of the pre-season signings that they had made. The arrivals of national players like No.1 goalkeeper Farizal Marlias and Yong Kuong Yong, coupled with the appointment of respected tactician Azraai Khor Abdullah would have boosted the team’s morale ahead of the new season.
Visitors T-Team will also be satisfied with their off-season business. The capture of Terengganu’s seasoned captain Marzuki Yusof and quality foreign signings like George Boateng and Caleb Folan would have gotten this Peter Butler-coached team quietly confident of taking something home from this fixture.
With the floodlights upgrading works that are going on at the Perak Stadium in Ipoh now, today’s match will played at the Royal Malaysian Navy Stadium in Lumut instead. The kick-off time is 4.45pm.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Perak are expected to play their first five matches in Lumut before the stadium in Ipoh is re-opened.
- The Seladangs have only retained 10 players from last season’s playing squad.
They won this fixture 3-2 in June last year.
- T-Team have invested heavy this season by bringing in foreign expertise.
- George Boateng is a former Dutch international and Caleb Folan has 7 caps for the Republic of Ireland.
- Croatians Dado Kondic (goalkeeping coach) and Sebastian Knapic (fitness trainer) have also been added on to the coaching staff.
Follow Prem Kumar on