Roberto Martinez's side will go into the fixture looking for their first win in five Premier League games, after a poor run of form has left them stranded in the drop zone
Clyne, Yoshida, Forren, Shaw
Puncheon, Ramirez, Lallana
Wigan go into the contest beset by injury problems. Emerson Boyce (hamstring) is still a doubt, while Mike Pollitt (thigh), Antolin Alcaraz (groin), and Ryo Miyaichi (ankle) are all still out.
Ben Watson (broken leg) is still on the sidelines, Ivan Ramis (knee) is out for the rest of the season and Albert Crusat (knee) is also unavailable. Arouna Kone, meanwhile, is still at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Southampton have far less concerns, with only Guly Do Prado and Jose Fonte (both knee) out through injury.
Emmanuel Mayuka will not return in time from the Africa Cup of Nations in time to take part, however.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan have conceded at least two goals in six of their last seven home matches in the Premier League.
- Southampton striker Rickie Lambert is just five goals shy of 100 career goals for the Saints.
- This game marks only the second time that these two teams have met since 1986.
- Saints have conceded in all but four of their Premier League matches this season.
- Wigan have won just twice at the DW Stadium in the league this term.
- Arouna Kone and Franco Di Santo have accounted for just over 40 per cent of the Latics' goals so far in the current campaign.