Bardsley, Cuellar, Kilgallon, O'Shea
Larsson, Gardner, Vaughan, Johnson
Walker, Gallas, Dawson, Vertonghen
Lennon, Sigurdsson, Parker, Bale
Danny Rose is ineligible to play for Sunderland against his parent club, so will return to first-team action in the New Year.
Wes Brown (knee) and Lee Cattermole (knee) remain major injury concerns, with both expected to miss a number of games with knee injuries.
John O'Shea missed the Black Cats' victory over Manchester City with illness, but should be available against Spurs.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto's return to full fitness continues, but he may not start this game as his recovery begins to gather momentum.
Mousa Dembele was replaced during Spurs' win over Aston Villa with a knock and is doubtful for this game.
Clint Dempsey missed Tottenham’s 0-0 draw with Stoke and the clash against Villa with a groin problem, and continues to be a doubt.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunderland have still not won a penalty in the Premier League this season.
- The Black Cats' victory over Manchester City on Boxing Day was their second consecutive win over the champions at the Stadium of Light by one goal.
- Steven Fletcher has opened the scoring in six matches in the Premier League this season, more than any other player.
- Last season, Tottenham went undefeated in the two fixtures between these sides - drawing 0-0 away and winning 1-0 at home thanks to a strike from Roman Pavyluchenko.
- Spurs midfielder Sandro (pictured) has made 74 interceptions in the Premier League this season, more than any other player.
- Following his hat-trick against Aston Villa, Gareth Bale has already equalled his best ever goals total in the league of nine, which he set last season.
- Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe has scored or assisted 12 goals in his 18 Premier League starts this season.