The Hoops boss applauded the defender's commitment to the club's pre-season Asia tour after the Chelsea captain's acquittal nine months after he was accused of racial abuse
Terry was found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence on Friday, after a week long trial over allegations that he had racially abused Ferdinand in an exchange during QPR's 1-0 victory over Chelsea in October last year.
Ferdinand was called to give evidence at the trial, and has dealt with death threats in the nine months since the incident, but Hughes said that he has reacted well to the "traumatic experience."
"Anton gave his side of what happened in court and it was certainly a traumatic experience for him," Hughes told reporters.
"So far he has reacted well and is committed to the Asian tour, where we have three friendly matches to play."
Ferdinand and Terry have each admitted in court to verbally abusing each other, and could still face disciplinary action from the FA for bringing the game into disrepute.