The Mozambican international received his papers earlier this week and therefore will be able to register with the PSL when the January transfer window opens
By Ernest Makhaya
Goal can confirm that Mozambican forward Helder Pelembe will conclude his move to Orlando Pirates in the first week of January.
Pelembe, who spent over four weeks with the Buccaneers, agreed terms with the Parktown-based club and will sign a three-and-a-half year deal.
Floyd Mbele previously denied that Pelembe is a Pirates player, but an official within the club was ready to confirm that the former Portimonense hitman will indeed don the black and white shirt in January.
"The player is happy with what we put on the table, and everything else will be concluded as soon as we comeback on January 6," the Pirates official told Goal.
"He's got his papers and he will pen a three-and-a-half year contract with us in January," said the official.
Pelembe will be competing with the likes of Collins Mbesuma, Kermit Erasmus and Lennox Bacela for a position upfront.
And although he's expected to be given some time to adapt to Roger de Sa's style of play, the Pirates fans will definitely be hoping for an immediate impact from the 26-year-old striker.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook