The 23-year-old's representative has confirmed a proposed deal to take the midfielder to Selhurst Park has fallen through due to a lack of communication from the Eagles
The 23-year-old had appeared to be on the verge of joining Ian Holloway’s team, however, his representative David Hodgson has revealed a lack of communication from the Eagles has scuppered the deal.
"It’s off, no question," Hodgson he told the Shield Gazette. "It just wasn’t happening in the way it should have happened so we decided it was right to set off back to the north.
"Dan had fulfilled all the medical procedures, got the thumbs up and the surgeon was extremely happy with what he saw and he said that to Dan.
"I spoke to the Palace chairman later and he did say that there had been a lot of miscommunication."
Hodgson added to the Advertiser: "We arrived at Palace and did all the things we had to do, and unfortunately it came around to 2.30pm [on Tuesday] and we hadn’t had any communication from Palace."Having sat there until 9pm last night, we took it upon ourselves to say it wasn’t right and this wasn’t working. A call from anybody at the football club would have been helpful. We didn’t get that call.
Hodgson also revealed Palace manager Holloway’s disappointment that a deal could not be done, and feared another transfer away from St. James' Park may not be forthcoming.
"I don’t think the deal can be resurrected. There were clubs who wanted Dan before and were interested in taking him on loan," he continued.
"Our problem is that we made it clear Dan wanted to join Ian Holloway so much and we closed doors. Sometimes those doors don’t open again.
"Ian Holloway, bless him, rang me [on Wednesday] morning and he is devastated but unfortunately it is not my concern."