thumbnail Hello,

The 21-year-old, who is currently on holiday in his native Kenya, indicated he has heard nothing of the reported interest shown in him by Mauricio Pochettino's side

By Otieno Otieno

Kenya and Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama says he is unaware of any bid from Premier League side Southampton after reports that they have tabled a £10million-plus offer to lure him from Parkhead.

English papers reported on Thursday that the Saints have made contact with the Scottish giants and are hoping to strike a quick agreement for the combative midfielder.

But Wanyama, who currently is on holiday in Kenya, has revealed that his agent has not spoken to him about any offer from them, telling Goal: “I am currently enjoying my deserved holiday.

“I have just heard of the same interest in the media and currently I am on holiday enjoying myself. I will speak to my agent later to find out the true position.

“I don’t think it will be appropriate for me to speak about something I am not aware about. My agent knows everything that is happening and he has not contacted me so for now I want to enjoy my holiday.”

The south-cost outfit's move could also spark a fierce transfer scrap with other English clubs and potentially some abroad. Arsenal have been trailing the Kenyan over the last year and put him on a shortlist of targets.

A number of other Premier League sides are rumoured to be interested in the player, however Celtic boss Neil Lennon insisted earlier this month that the club are yet to receive any formal offers.

Bhoys defender Efe Ambrose also told Goal earlier this month that losing Wanyama would be a "massive blow", labelling him a pillar of the team but admitting the club can't stop him from leaving.