thumbnail Hello,

More stress for the Manchester City star after fire-fighters were called to the Ivorian midfielder's £1 million Wilmslow mansion, with aromatherapy candles thought to be the cause



Falling 12 points behind fierce rivals Manchester United and exiting the Africa Cup of Nations in the quarter-finals after a 2-1 defeat to Nigeria is sure to have left Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure in need of a bit of time off to unwind.

But relaxing will be even further from his mind now after a fire sparked by aromatherapy candles damaged his plush Wilsmlow mansion.


Three fire engines were called to the Ivorian's lavish six-bedroom £1 million house to battle a blaze which was successfully extinguished, while one woman was treated for smoke inhalation. However, it is unknown whether 29-year-old Toure or his wife, Gineba, were in the house at the time.

A Manchester City spokesman said: "It was a small fire in one room which will be redecorated. No one was hurt."

City haven't had the best of luck when it comes to home fires involving their players, and Toure's mishap joins that of former striker Mario Balotelli, who infamously had a disastrous encounter with fireworks when they were let off in a bathroom at his former home just three miles down the road from Toure's.

Related

From the web