Roberto Martinez's side have picked up just four points in six matches, and now face Chris Hughton's in-form side at Carrow Road with many of their first-choice defenders missing
Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington
Boyce, Adrian Lopez, Figueroa
Stam, McCarthy, Gomez, Beausejour
Maloney, Kone, Di Santo
Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy (thigh) is out until next year and so Mark Bunn will continue in goal. Right-back Steven Whittaker (hip) and centre-back Ryan Bennett (knee) are doubtful, so the versatile Russell Martin could feature while centre-back Michael Turner could return following injury.
Midfielder Alexander Tettey (knock) faces a fitness test, with Jonny Howson his potential replacement, but Andrew Surman (knee) is unavailable.
Playmaker Wes Hoolahan (knock) also faces a fitness test, with striker Steve Morison an option alongside Grant Holt in a front two, but Harry Kane (ankle) is unlikely to be available after only just returning to training.
Wigan have suffered several casualties at centre-back, with Ivan Ramis (hamstring), Gary Caldwell (hamstring) and Antolin Alcaraz (groin) all ruled out. Maynor Figueroa however will return from suspension and could be joined in a back three by Adrian Lopez and Emmerson Boyce, whose place on the right flank would go to Ronnie Stam.
Midfielder Ben Watson (shin) as well as wingers Ryo Miyaichi (ankle) and Albert Crusat (knee) are unavailable, but playmaker Shaun Maloney returned last week against QPR and could challenge Jordi Gomez for a place in attack.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League games. They last went on a longer run within a top-flight season in March 1987 (15 games), while only Manchester United and Stoke have picked up more points over the last six games.
- The Canaries have lost just one of their last eight Premier League games at Carrow Road, winning their last four consecutive home games, each by a single goal.
- In that eight-game run Chris Hughton’s side have kept five clean sheets, and only West Brom and Stoke have conceded fewer Premier League goals at home this season than Norwich (7), but only Stoke and bottom-placed QPR have scored fewer home goals than them (8).
- Wigan have picked up just one win in their last six Premier League matches, conceding two or more goals in each game.
- The Latics have lost five of their last six away league matches, scoring just two goals in the process and losing their last two away games 3-0.
- Roberto Martinez’s side have scored the fewest away league goals (4) along with Aston Villa in the Premier League.
- Last season the two teams drew 1-1 after each meeting, with Norwich's Wes Hoolahan (pictured right) scoring first-half goals in each game - the equaliser away in August and the opening goal at home in March.
- Canaries centre-back Sebastien Bassong has now scored three goals in his last four appearances, despite only bagging two in his previous 94 Premier League appearances. He is 10/1 to score anytime with bet365.