The Milan giants will be desperate to get their Scudetto challenge back on track, given their recent home form leaves them well adrift of the top of the table in Italy
Frey, Dainelli, Cesar, Jokic
Vacek, L Rigoni, Hetemaj
Thereau, M Rigoni
Ranocchia, Juan, Chivu
Zanetti, Guarin, Cambiasso, Nagatomo
Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni heads into Wednesday's tie against Chievo feeling the heat, after recording an indifferent start to the season in both Serie A and the Europa League.
The Nerazzurri's 2-0 weekend home loss to Siena has left the young coach's critics sharpening their knives, given how the Milanese giants actively stengthened during the summer via the arrivals of Samir Handanovic and Antonio Cassano.
With the back line leaking goals at an alarming rate, the 36-year-old is anticipated to reshuffle his pack to reflect a three-man defence, in which Walter Samuel could feature in his first league appearance of the campaign, should Andrea Ranocchia fail to shake off an injury.
Domenico Di Carlo's Gialloblu will have to be wary of the twin threat posed by Wesley Sneijder and Diego Milito, the duo remaining the pillars of Inter's attack. Chievo lost their last fixture 2-0 to league leaders Juventus in Turin on Saturday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chievo's only victory this season has come at home, finishing 2-0 in favour of the Flying Donkeys against Bologna.
- Only four other teams have conceded more goals than Chievo's seven of late.
- Captain Sergio Pellissier has featured for his side since 2000, and was last season's top scorer at Bentegodi with eight goals. Pellissier is 21/10 with Bet365 to score anytime in this game.
- Inter have not won at Giuseppe Meazza since they defeated city rivals AC Milan by a 4-2 scoreline in May, instead slumping to three defeats and two draws in all competitions.
- The home defeats inflicted by Hajduk Split, Roma and Siena have all borne the Nerazzurri losing by a two-goal margin.
- Stramaccioni (pictured right) will be urging his men to maintain their imperious away form, given Inter have won all four of their Serie A and Europa League encounters on the road so far, without conceding a single goal.