Birmingham - Leeds Preview: Tottenham await winner of all-Championship replay
Luciano Becchio's equaliser forced a repeat tie between the Blues and the Whites, after Wade Elliott had given Lee Clark's injury-ravaged side the lead at Elland Road
By Matthew Smith
Spector, Caldwell, Davies, Robinson
Burke, Elliott, Gomis, Redmond
Byram, Pearce, Tate, Peltier
White, Austin, Brown, Tonge
Birmingham will be without midfielder Will Packwood, who broke his leg in two places after a collision with Luciano Becchio in the game at Elland Road earlier this month, while Robert Hall has been denied permission to play by parent club West Ham.
Joining Packwood on the injury list are defenders Paul Caddis (hamstring), David Murphy and Stephen Carr (both knee).
Midfielder Papa Boupa Diop (hamstring) is also missing but Clark will have strikers Peter Lovenkrands and Nikola Zigic available again.
Neil Warnock - who was absent for the game last week as illness swept through the Leeds squad - will be without Jerome Thomas who returned to West Brom following a loan spell but midfielder Rudy Austin has now returned to full fitness.
Sam Byram (knee) and Lee Peltier (groin) have recently returned to fitness for the Whites after recent spells on the sidelines and will be available.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Birmingham have finished runners-up in FA Cup on two occasions, in 1931 and 1956.
- Leeds, however, have won the competition once (1972) and been beaten finalists three times. They are 150/1 to win the FA Cup this season with bet365.
- The Blues are just five points off the bottom three in the Championship, having suffered a huge number of injuries recently.
- A lack of players has forced Lee Clark to promote several youngsters to the first team. In a clash with table-toppers Cardiff earlier this month, their side featured no less than seven teenagers, including starlet Nathan Redmond (pictured right).
- The Whites made it to the quarter-finals of this season's Capital One Cup, beating Premier League sides Everton and Southampton on the way.
- This will be the fifth FA Cup meeting between Leeds and Birmingham; the Yorkshire club have won three of the previous four.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Birmingham City 2-1 Leeds
- 15.91 %
Birmingham City 1-2 Leeds
- 15.91 %
Birmingham City 1-1 Leeds
- 9.09 %
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Oct 20, 2013||Leeds 4 - Birmingham City 0|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Apr 20, 2013||Birmingham City 1 - Leeds 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 16, 2013||Birmingham City 1 - Leeds 2|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 5, 2013||Leeds 1 - Birmingham City 1|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Oct 27, 2012||Leeds 0 - Birmingham City 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||Birmingham City 0 - QPR 2||ENG2|
|Mar 1, 2014||Ipswich Town 1 - Birmingham City 0||ENG2|
|Feb 22, 2014||Blackpool 1 - Birmingham City 2||ENG2|
|Feb 15, 2014||Birmingham City 1 - Huddersfield Town 2||ENG2|
|Feb 12, 2014||Watford 1 - Birmingham City 0||ENG2|
|-||Davide Enrico Somma||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed