Swansea - Arsenal Preview: Wenger looking for FA Cup revenge after league mauling from Swans
Michael Laudrup's team embarrassed the Gunners with a 2-0 Premier League victory at the Emirates in December, but the home side will have to be wary of an in-form Theo Walcott
By Tom J Doyle
Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies
Britton, De Guzman
Hernandez, Michu, Routledge
Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski
Swansea will have a fully fit squad to call on for the FA Cup clash against Arsenal except for Neil Taylor (fractured ankle), who will be out until at least May for the hosts.
Danny Graham is in line to continue up front after two goals in his last two Premier League games, despite hinting at the need for showdown talks with boss Michael Laudrup over his future at the club.
Lukasz Fabianski (ankle) should miss the game at the Liberty Stadium, but will be fit enough for the Premier League game against Manchester City next Sunday.
Both Abou Diaby (thigh) and Andre Santos (abdominal) have no set return date from injury for the Gunners.
Vito Mannone and Emmanuel Frimpong are both ill, and could miss the game for the visitors.
Marouane Chamakh may also be out of contention as he nears a January transfer to West Ham, while Carl Jenkinson could replace Bacary Sagna after the French full-back's poor performance against Southampton.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the fourth FA Cup tie between the sides, but will be the first one since 1968. Swansea beat the Gunners in 1926 but lost the next two games.
- The Swans have beaten Arsenal in the last two Premier League meetings - 2-0 at the Emirates in December, and 3-2 at the Liberty Stadium last January.
- The last time Arsenal failed to qualify for the fourth round of the FA Cup was in 1996.
- Swansea have won just four of their last 19 FA Cup games against teams in the same division, including three defeats in the past three years.
- Michu (pictured, right) netted twice against the Gunners in the Premier League in December - the summer signing has 14 goals in 21 appearances this season.
- Theo Walcott's hat-trick against Newcastle means he has 14 goals in 20 appearances this season, along with 10 assists.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 1-3 Arsenal FC
- 16.77 %
Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal FC
- 11.45 %
Swansea City 0-2 Arsenal FC
- 7.42 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 17, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Swansea City 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 6, 2013||Swansea City 2 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Arsenal FC 0 - Swansea City 2|
|Mar 3, 2014||Swansea City 1 - Crystal Palace 1||EPL|
|Feb 28, 2014||Napoli 3 - Swansea City 1||EL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Liverpool 4 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|Feb 21, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Napoli 0||EL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 1||FA|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed