Napoli-Inter Preview: Partenopei look to cement second spot
The Naples club are within touching distance of confirming themselves as Serie A runners-up and will fancy their chances of taking another step towards that achievement on Sunday
By Alec Fenn
Stadio San Paolo will play host to two teams of contrasting fortunes on Sunday. While Inter must surely be praying for the season to end given their incredible injury list, Napoli sit on the brink of confirming a very respectable second place finish.
|Bet:||Returns:||Napoli €19.10||Draw €35.00||Inter €40.00|
The hosts appeared to be genuine challengers to Juventus for the Serie A crown for much of the season, before the Bianconeri opened up an 11-point gap at the top of the table.
But Napoli's own sizeable lead over third-placed AC Milan means they are close to sealing second spot and Champions League football next term.
They are able to boast a clean bill of health this weekend, but sadly the Nerazzurri cannot say the same. Captain Javier Zanetti (Achilles) the latest to fall foul of the injury curse that hovers over San Siro.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Napoli are seven points clear of third-placed AC Milan and look set to finish runners-up to champions in waiting Juventus.
- The Partenopei have plenty to thank star man Edinson Cavani (pictured, right) for this season - he has 23 goals to his name, making him their top scorer.
- Walter Mazzarri's men have won four of their last five games - with only a 1-1 draw with AC Milan halting them in their tracks.
- Inter have won just one of their last five Serie A games and lost to Palermo in their last outing.
- The Nerazzurri are without 11 first-team regulars after Javier Zanetti was ruled out for the rest of the season with an Achilles injury.
- Inter's top goalscorer so far this season is Rodrigo Palacio - but he remains on the sidelines.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Napoli 1-2 FC Internazionale
- 20.42 %
Napoli 2-0 FC Internazionale
- 11.74 %
Napoli 2-1 FC Internazionale
- 8.68 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||May 6, 2013||Napoli 3 - FC Internazionale 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Dec 10, 2012||FC Internazionale 2 - Napoli 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Feb 27, 2012||Napoli 1 - FC Internazionale 0|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 26, 2012||Napoli 2 - FC Internazionale 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Oct 2, 2011||FC Internazionale 0 - Napoli 3|
|Dec 12, 2013||Napoli 2 - Arsenal FC 0||UCL|
|Dec 8, 2013||Napoli 3 - Udinese 3||SR-A|
|Dec 3, 2013||Lazio 2 - Napoli 4||SR-A|
|Nov 27, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Napoli 1||UCL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Napoli 0 - Parma 1||SR-A|
|26||Morgan De Sanctis||Goalkeeper|
|5||Miguel Angel Britos||Defender|
|7||Omar El Kaddouri||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed