Atalanta-AC Milan Preview: Rossoneri expect revenge against troubled Lombardy neighbours
Sunday’s hosts defeated the Rossoneri early on in the Serie A season, but their recent form has been woeful and Massimiliano Allegri’s side will be keen to make up for that loss
By Miles Chambers
De Sciglio, Zapata, Mexes, Constant
Nocerino, Montolivo, Boateng
Niang, Pazzini, El Shaarawy
Atalanta coach Stefano Colantuono will be without the likes of Gianpaolo Bellini, Daniele Capelli (knee) and Guido Marilungo (cruciate ligament) for AC Milan’s visit to the Atleti Azzurri d’Italia.
Meanwhile, Nerazzurri midfielder Luigi Giorgi will miss the Lombardy derby having been sent off late in their 1-1 draw with Cagliari.
The Rossoneri remain without central midfielders Massimo Ambrosini and Nigel de Jong for their trip to Bergamo, while Urby Emanuelson and Mario Yepes are not expected to feature in the squad.
In defence, Ignazio Abate - who has been linked with a move to Zenit - is likely to make way for Mattia De Sciglio, and Daniele Bonera could start ahead of Philippe Mexes. Massimiliano Allegri has already confirmed that his attacking trio will remain unchanged but he could opt to swap out Mathieu Flamini for Antonio Nocerino.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Atalanta have only won one of their last nine Serie A clashes - a 2-1 home triumph over Parma.
- AC Milan sit sixth in the Serie A having surged up the table since a rocky start to the season. Their opponents, contrastingly, have been in reverse and are wedged 13th in the Italian top tier.
- Stephan El Shaarawy (pictured, right) is Milan's top goalscorer this season but has not scored in over a month in the league for the Rossoneri.
The two teams played in match day 3 of the Serie A season, and Luca Cigarini scored the only goal of the game to condemn Allegri's side to their second defeat in the first three matches.
- Milan won both Italian top-tier games against their Lombardy neighbours 2-0 last season.
- Both clubs have only kept four clean sheets in Serie A clashes this campaign.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Atalanta 0-2 Milan
- 24.87 %
Atalanta 1-3 Milan
- 15.61 %
Atalanta 0-3 Milan
- 13.84 %
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Jan 27, 2013||Atalanta 0 - Milan 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Sep 16, 2012||Milan 0 - Atalanta 1|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||May 3, 2012||Milan 2 - Atalanta 0|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Jan 8, 2012||Atalanta 0 - Milan 2|
|Italy - Serie A (SR-A)||Feb 28, 2010||Milan 3 - Atalanta 1|
|Dec 5, 2013||Atalanta 2 - Sassuolo 0||ITAC|
|Dec 1, 2013||Atalanta 1 - Roma 1||SR-A|
|Nov 24, 2013||Sassuolo 2 - Atalanta 0||SR-A|
|Nov 10, 2013||Atalanta 2 - Bologna 1||SR-A|
|Nov 3, 2013||Livorno 1 - Atalanta 0||SR-A|
|-||Carlos Javier Matheu||Defender|
|-||Adriano Ferreira Pinto||Midfielder|
|91||Giuseppe De Luca||Striker|
|92||Stephan El Shaarawy||Striker|
|2||Mattia De Sciglio||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed