Bayern Munich - Nurnberg Preview: Champions face derby homecoming
The league winners take on their fellow Bavarians in their first game since they sealed their Bundesliga title in Frankfurt last week
By Enis Koylu
Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Javi Martinez, Tymoshchuk
Robben, Muller, Shaqiri
Balitsch, Nilsson, Klose, Pinola
Chandler, Kiyotake, Feulner, Esswein
Bayern Munich are set to rest a host of players with Tuesday's DFB-Pokal clash with Wolfsburg on the horizon. Tom Starke may replace Manuel Neuer in goal, but at the back, Jerome Boateng is certain to replace Daniel Van Buyten, who limped off against Juventus in midweek.
Rafinha could also start ahead of Philipp Lahm at right-back, while Diego Contento could replace David Alaba on the opposite side of defence. Bastian Schweinsteiger is likely to to be rested, and with Luiz Gustavo suspended, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is in line for a rare start in midfield.
Franck Ribery should get a break on the left flank, while Mario Gomez will start ahead of Mario Mandzukic. Toni Kroos (thigh) and Holger Badstuber (knee) are both out.
Meanwhile, Nurnberg will be without Adam Hlousek and Marcos Antonio, who are both struggling for fitness and Timo Gebhart, who has a thigh issue.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have scored 24 goals in their five home games since the resumption of action after the winter break.
- The Roten are also in search of their 100th Bundesliga win at the Allianz Arena. Their current record stands at 99 victories in 133 matches.
- Bayern ended up reaching their third Champions League semi-final in four years after knocking out Juventus in midweek.
- Nurnberg have lost to Bayern more times than to any other opponent in the Bundesliga.
- Markus Feulner (pictured, right) started his career at Bayern. He represented Koln, Mainz and Dortmund before moving back to Bavaria in 2011.
No Bundesliga defender has scored more times than Per Nilsson this season. The Swede has found the net five times.
- Bayern Munich are 11/2 to beat Nurnberg 2-0 with bet365.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 3-0 1. FC Nürnberg
- 16.18 %
FC Bayern München 2-0 1. FC Nürnberg
- 10.77 %
FC Bayern München 4-0 1. FC Nürnberg
- 10.51 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Feb 8, 2014||1. FC Nürnberg 0 - FC Bayern München 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Aug 24, 2013||FC Bayern München 2 - 1. FC Nürnberg 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Apr 13, 2013||FC Bayern München 4 - 1. FC Nürnberg 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Nov 17, 2012||1. FC Nürnberg 1 - FC Bayern München 1|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 31, 2012||1. FC Nürnberg 0 - FC Bayern München 1|
|FC Bayern München|
|Mar 16, 2014||FC Bayern München 2 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1||BUN|
|Mar 12, 2014||FC Bayern München 1 - Arsenal FC 1||UCL|
|Mar 8, 2014||VfL Wolfsburg 1 - FC Bayern München 6||BUN|
|Mar 2, 2014||FC Bayern München 5 - FC Schalke 04 1||BUN|
|Feb 24, 2014||Hannover 96 0 - FC Bayern München 4||BUN|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|34||Pierre Emil Højbjerg||Midfielder|
|25||Horacio Javier Pinola||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed