Borussia Dortmund-Nurnberg Preview: Sahin set for home return
The German champions will continue their pursuit of Bayern Munich against the struggling Bavarians, who have mustered just 18 goals in as many Bundesliga games this season
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Santana, Hummels, Schmelzer
Kuba, Gotze, Reus
Chandler, Nilsson, Klose, Pinola
Feulner, Kiyotake, Gebhart
Despite receiving encouraging news on the injury of Neven Subotic, Borussia Dortmund will name virtually the same line-up that thrashed Werder Bremen last week, with one possible change coming in midfield, where Sven Bender could replace Sebastian Kehl.
Nuri Sahin is expected to keep his place on the bench, but is likely to have more playing time than he did at the Weserstadion - a brief cameo at the end of the match. Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined.
Meanwhile, Nurnberg expected to make a host of changes to the team that drew 1-1 with Hamburg last week. Per Nilsson is set to step back into the heart of defence, leading Timmy Simons to make the shift forward into midfield, with Almog Cohen dropping out.
Markus Feulner will replace Robert Mak on the right-hand side of midfield, with Hiroshi Kiyotake replacing Alexander Esswein in the hole behind lone striker Tomas Pekhart.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund's 5-0 win over Werder Bremen last week was their joint-biggest victory this season, along with the thrashing of Borussia Monchengladbach at home.
- The champions have lost twice at home this season - more times than they did in the whole of their 2011-12 campaign.
- Nuri Sahin (pictured, right) is set to make his first appearance at Signal Iduna Park since leaving BVB for Real Madrid in the summer of 2011.
- Nurnberg, despite sitting in 15th place in the Bundesliga, have the same defensive record as second-placed Bayer Leverkusen.
- However, only fellow Bavarian outfits Augsburg and Greuther Furth have scored fewer goals than der Club.
- Tomas Pekhart's equaliser against Hamburg last Sunday was his first goal since his side held BVB to a 1-1 draw at home on matchday 2 - way back in August.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 1. FC Nürnberg
- 20.41 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 1. FC Nürnberg
- 12.78 %
Borussia Dortmund 4-0 1. FC Nürnberg
- 9.28 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Mar 1, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 3 - 1. FC Nürnberg 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 21, 2013||1. FC Nürnberg 1 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Jan 26, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 3 - 1. FC Nürnberg 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 1, 2012||1. FC Nürnberg 1 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||Jul 21, 2012||1. FC Nürnberg 4 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|Mar 1, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 3 - 1. FC Nürnberg 0||BUN|
|Feb 26, 2014||Zenit 2 - Borussia Dortmund 4||UCL|
|Feb 22, 2014||Hamburger SV 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||BUN|
|Feb 15, 2014||Borussia Dortmund 4 - Eintracht Frankfurt 0||BUN|
|Feb 12, 2014||Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - Borussia Dortmund 1||GERC|
|25||Horacio Javier Pinola||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed