Freiburg - Bayern Munich Preview: Both teams looking to follow up impressive weekend wins
The Bavarians thrashed Hannover 5-0 on Saturday and Christian Streich's side secured a 3-0 win over local rivals Stuttgart, setting up an intriguing encounter on Wednesday
By Enis Koylu
Sorg, Krmas, Diagne, Hedenstad
Schmid, Schuster, Makiadi, Caligiuri
Lahm, Dante, Badstuber, Alaba
Javi Martinez, Schweinsteiger
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Freiburg boss Christian Streich will be forced into one change from the side that beat local rivals Stuttgart 3-0 on Saturday. Mensur Mejdza picked up his fifth Bundesliga yellow card of the season, and will be replaced by Vegar Eggen Hedenstad.
Elsewhere, Matthias Ginter remains sidelined with a back injury and Immanuel Hohn has a leg problem. Otherwise, they have a full squad from which to pick their team for the visit of the Bavarians.
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich could have the luxury of bringing Mario Gomez back into the starting line-up after the Germany international scored within seconds of coming off the bench against Hannover on Saturday.
Should the former Stuttgart man return, Mario Mandzukic will drop to the bench. Another goalscorer from the weekend, Javi Martinez, looks to be assured of a start thanks to Luiz Gustavo's groin complaint, while Arjen Robben is lacking fitness after a series of knocks and Emre Can has a ligament injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have lost just one match out of their last eight in all competitions - at home to Bayer Leverkusen.
- Freiburg's 0-0 draw with the Bavarians on matchday 22 last season was the only time they have avoided defeat against them in the last 13 meetings between the two sides.
- The biggest losses that Freiburg have suffered both home and away were at the hands of the Bayern, who won 6-0 at the Mage Solar Stadion in 2003-04, and 7-0 at the Allianz Arena last term.
- Mario Gomez (pictured, right) scored four times during Bayern Munich's victory over Freiburg last season.
- Szabolcs Huszti has registered a total of seven assists in the Bundesliga this season, one more than Franck Ribery.
- Jan Schlaudraff will be returning to his former home on Saturday, having endured a disappointing season at the Allianz Arena in 2007-08.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
SC Freiburg 0-3 FC Bayern München
- 20.73 %
SC Freiburg 0-4 FC Bayern München
- 17.27 %
SC Freiburg 0-2 FC Bayern München
- 12.09 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Aug 28, 2013||SC Freiburg 1 - FC Bayern München 1|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Apr 27, 2013||FC Bayern München 1 - SC Freiburg 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Nov 29, 2012||SC Freiburg 0 - FC Bayern München 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Feb 19, 2012||SC Freiburg 0 - FC Bayern München 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 10, 2011||FC Bayern München 7 - SC Freiburg 0|
|Dec 15, 2013||FC Schalke 04 2 - SC Freiburg 0||BUN|
|Dec 13, 2013||SC Freiburg 0 - Sevilla 2||EL|
|Dec 8, 2013||SC Freiburg 0 - VfL Wolfsburg 3||BUN|
|Dec 5, 2013||SC Freiburg 1 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2||GERC|
|Dec 2, 2013||Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - SC Freiburg 0||BUN|
|6||Vegar Eggen Hedenstad||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed