Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Preview: Hosts can continue their 100 per cent record
Both teams are coming off the back of away victories in Europe in midweek, but the Bavarians have had the better of the Werkself in recent years
By Enis Koylu
Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Badstuber
Muller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Schwaab, Toprak, Wollscheid, Hosogai
Castro, Rolfes, Bender
Bellarabi, Kiessling, Schurrle
Bayern Munich are likely to be without the services of Franck Ribery, who was a doubt heading into Tuesday's clash with Lille, and lasted just 45 minutes against his old club.
Should the Frenchman fail to recover his fitness in time for Sunday's match, he will be replaced on the left wing by Xherdan Shaqiri.
Elsewhere, David Alaba continued his comeback from a foot injury with a short cameo in France, but is unlikely to start against Leverkusen, with Holger Badstuber continuing as a makeshift left-back and Dante starting in the middle.
Finally, Luiz Gustavo could replace Javi Martinez, who put in another disappointing performance for his new club in midweek, while Mario Mandzukic will continue up front, with Mario Gomez still recovering from pre-season ankle surgery.
Meanwhile, Bayer Leverkusen are likely to be without Michal Kadlec, who limped out of Thursday's 4-0 win over Rapid Vienna in the 10th minute, after a heavy challenge. Lars Bender came from the bench to replace the defender, but took up a berth in midfield, with Hajime Hosogai slotting in at left-back.
The only other confirmed absence for Sami Hyypia's side is Renato Augusto, who has a torn thigh muscle. After scoring in the Austrian capital, Karim Bellarabi should retain his place on the right wing ahead of the fit-again Sidney Sam.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have conceded just twice in the Bundesliga this season. The last time an opponent scored against Manuel Neuer in Germany was on September 15.
- The Bavarians won this fixture last season 3-0, with Thomas Muller, Daniel Van Buyten and Arjen Robben grabbing the goals.
- Bayern midfielder Toni Kroos (pictured, right) spent 2009-10 on loan at the BayArena as a youngster looking for experience. Coach Jupp Heynckes also moved to the Allianz Arena from Leverkusen.
- Bayer Leverkusen are currently on an eight-match unbeaten run in all competitions, but have drawn three of the five Bundesliga games in that run.
- The last time the Werkself claimed all three points at the Allianz Arena was on matchday 14 of the 1989-1990 season.
- Leverkusen beat Bayern 4-2 at home en route to the 2008-09 DFB-Pokal final, which they eventually went on to lose to Werder Bremen.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 3-0 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- 19.98 %
FC Bayern München 2-0 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- 15.19 %
FC Bayern München 3-1 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- 15.01 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Mar 17, 2013||Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1 - FC Bayern München 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Oct 29, 2012||FC Bayern München 1 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Mar 3, 2012||Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2 - FC Bayern München 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Sep 25, 2011||FC Bayern München 3 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||Apr 17, 2011||FC Bayern München 5 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1|
|FC Bayern München|
|May 18, 2013||Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - FC Bayern München 4||GER1|
|May 11, 2013||FC Bayern München 3 - FC Augsburg 0||GER1|
|May 5, 2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - FC Bayern München 1||GER1|
|May 2, 2013||FC Barcelona 0 - FC Bayern München 3||UCL|
|Apr 27, 2013||FC Bayern München 1 - SC Freiburg 0||GER1|
|Returns:||Bayern €12.80||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Draw €60.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|Returns:||Leverkusen €120.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|30||Luiz Gustavo Dias||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed