Swansea City - Arsenal Preview: Hosts look to make it three wins on the trot against Gunners
After a spirited performance against Bayern Munich, Arsene Wenger will be keen to keep pace with fourth-placed Chelsea in the race for Champions League qualification
By Rhys Turrell
Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup will be without defender Chico Flores (ankle) and Kemy Agustien (thigh) for the clash with Arsenal at the Liberty Stadium.
Midfielder Leon Britton is expected to be fit after missing Saturday's defeat to West Brom with a hip injury, while striker Luke Moore should also make the squad after a calf problem.
Defender Neil Taylor (ankle) made a first appearance since September when appearing in a Under-21s clash in midweek but this game may come to early for the Welshman.
Arsene Wenger will be without Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Bacary Sagna (knee) until at least the end of March, whilst Lukas Podolski (ankle) missed the midweek win in Munich and may once again be unavailable.
Nacho Monreal returns to the first-team squad after being ineligable for the club's Champions League campaign and could replace Kieran Gibbs at left-back. Lukas Fabianski should retain the No.1 shirt, with Wenger claiming that regular first-choice Wojciech Szczesny is suffering from "mental fatigue".
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea City and Arsenal have met each other three times already this season (once in the league, twice in the FA Cup), with one win apiece and one draw.
- The Swans have beaten Arsenal in their last two Premier League meetings, their last double over Arsenal coming in the 1981-82 season.
- Swansea have won their last three home games on the bounce.
- Laudrup's men have scored four goals against Arsenal this season, with Michu bagging three of them.
- Arsenal have lost two of their last three away matches in the Premier League.
- If only second-half results counted, the Gunners would be top of the Premier League table with 54 points.
- Olivier Giroud's (pictured right) third-minute goal against Bayern Munich ended a personal scoring drought of 497 minutes.
- Six of the seven goals scored in games between these two sides this season have come in the final 10 minutes.
Bet365 offer 5/6 for there to be a goal scored in the 76th minute or later.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 0-2 Arsenal FC
- 17.72 %
Swansea City 1-2 Arsenal FC
- 14 %
Swansea City 1-3 Arsenal FC
- 12.09 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2013||Swansea City 1 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 17, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Swansea City 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 6, 2013||Swansea City 2 - Arsenal FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Arsenal FC 0 - Swansea City 2|
|Mar 3, 2014||Swansea City 1 - Crystal Palace 1||EPL|
|Feb 28, 2014||Napoli 3 - Swansea City 1||EL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Liverpool 4 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|Feb 21, 2014||Swansea City 0 - Napoli 0||EL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 1||FA|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed